Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Blinded by Ideology

We are less than 24 hours after the massacre at Virginia Tech.

Memorial service plans haven't even been finalized for the 32 victims of a derranged murderer.

Yet liberals are foaming at the mouth about gun control.

Now, I know us conservatives aren't supposed to have a heart, especially during a crisis. I know that that we've all got ice in our veins. I know we want to oppress women, starve old people, and make sure that minorities suffer. Hell, we're more often behind a crisis than not. I think I even remember seeing Cho at one of our super-secret meetings where we try to figure out how to keep stealing from the poor and giving to the rich.

Still, I've noticed something about my comrades in the vast right-wing conspiracy: none of us are turning the tragedy in Virginia into a political issue. We're not calling for immigration reform, educational reform, or loosening of gun control. Nope, we're just sad, like most Americans, as we mourn the loss of our countrymen.

No comments: